From:
patyoungz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:55:53 -0400
Jean, Interesting question! Of course we all know that how the baby is fed
and exclusivity count, but the general medical world doesn't think to ask or
even consider that that may be a factor :-(

My daughter-in-law, a tiny petite thing had 4 babies ranging from 9 to 11 +
pounds (she says not to forget the the +, he was 11#91/2 oz - vag! :-)
Anyway she exclusively BF, they were plump babies and they are all skinny
kids, ages 10-18 now.  She is 40 now, still petite and trim, so is her mom,
over 65 yo.  My son is tall and skinny.  I think family eating styles and
exercise patterns (active family etc) after BF have a great deal to do with
obesity.

But certainly there is research that indicates BF is the best way to start
if you want a slim adult.  (so I blame my mom who BF me 2 weeks that I'm an
overweight, approaching retirement person :-) But I really know it's lack of
exercise and what I eat! )

My own kids are a mixed bag of BF briefly, BF long with mixed results as
adults.  Cooking and baking is big in our family and I don't think that
helps :-)  Pat in SNJ