Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Claire Bloodgood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:54:31 -0500
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:14:41 EST, Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dear Friends:
>    The title of my last post was so wrong. I  apologize. I wrote about
>_www.mybreastfedbaby.com_ (http://www.mybreastfedbaby.com) , and gave it
the wrong
>name.
>    warmly,
>Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CCE
>Maternal-Child Adjunct  Faculty Union Institute and University
>Film Reviews Editor, Journal of Human  Lactation
>Support the WHO Code and the Mother-Friendly Childbirth  Initiative

I hear what you're saying about supporting people who support
breastfeeding.  I agree, whatever is helpful should be encouraged, things
that are unhelpful can be gently and charitably corrected.  (catching more
flies with honey :-))

I looked at the website's links to things you need to breastfeed and found
a link to buy Enfamil brand vitamins for breastfed babies.
<http://www.mybreastfedbaby.com/output.php?id=g18>
<http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?
pid=17428&catid=52795&aid=333840&aparam=27wtNoh2pEU-r8B5xSk4winQHXCodMtOWQ>

There are links to other products listed as "must haves" or "to make life
easier" that I would not have included, such as a cloth drape to nurse
under.  But that's my personal feeling.

I found most of the "my problem solver" recommendations to be incomplete or
inaccurate, some were clearly lifted from other sites.  She refers often to
her personal experiences as examples of the norm.

For example,
mastitis
<http://www.mybreastfedbaby.com/output.php?id=t64>
among other things "take good care of yourself and your baby by cleaning
your breasts before feeding"

low milk supply--
<http://www.mybreastfedbaby.com/output.php?id=t9>  She says the guideline
is 4-6 diapers a day.  And that breastfed babies are usually right in the
middle of the growth charts.  Nothing on how to increase your milk supply.

and
"my breasts don't leak"
"You may have a low milk supply"
<http://www.mybreastfedbaby.com/output.php?id=t51>

"clogged" or plugged ducts confused with blebs
<http://www.mybreastfedbaby.com/output.php?id=t63>

She's also kind of flippant about Dad's concerns, which is a particular hot
button for me.

That said, I think the woman's heart is in the right place.  She might
appreciate feedback on how to improve her site.

-Claire Bloodgood, IBCLC