From:
Kim Ann Lorber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:07:10 EST
Just my experience but thought I would share it. My 3rd baby spit up ***A
LOT***. I would always bring an extra shirt/pant for me just incase and of course
an extra outfit for him too. He did this for the whole first year. He was on
very little solids during the first yr so breastmilk was the main diet and why
he continued to spit up breastmilk for so long. Being a breastfeeding
educator I knew things I could do to probably find the reason or even perhaps fix it.
But thought why? He was happy the spit up *never* bothered him, never stomach
problems, crying or fussy. He gained great and was happy. He would have a
green stool every so often, even my other kids did and they weren't big spitters.
 I wonder for us if it was diary but with my love/addiction of cheese that
would have been very hard to forgo when there wasn't any real issue beyond a
laundry problem to find out why or to fix it. Now if there are other signs, like
pain with spitting up, projectile spitting, very unhappy baby, gas, many green
stools, weight gain issues then it is time to find the problem and fix it.

Kim Ann
Mama to 4 bouncing boys!
new email [log in to unmask]

In a message dated 12/30/2004 11:50:39 AM Central Standard Time,