From:
Ann Conlon-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:31:51 EST
Oh boy -- here we go again... this hot new book "Good Night, Sleep Tight"
was promoted this morning on TODAY with this woman known for the Baby Shuffle
and for her suggestions of "slip your arm through the bars of the crib and pat
the baby even for up to an hour and a half, just don't give into feeding or
rocking."   She also says that if you allow a baby into your bed, he  will be
there until eight years old.  Interesting statistic.  And a  quote from an
Amazon.com reader says, "West doesn't seem to understand  breastfeeding very much
as she suggests doing a nighttime feed and THEN brush  teeth, play a game,
sing a song and read a book. If I did that my child would be  wide awake and
want to nurse again. "  West says she is nothing like Ferber  because she
advocates that the parent stay in the room as opposed to Ferber who  says to leave.
it's all anti-breastfeeding to me!  Ann Conlon-Smith,  IBCLC