Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Denise Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:00:18 -0400
I need more information on MRSA as now it is more a reality to me because
we have a baby infected.  The neos cultured mom's milk and it was positive
but not until the 3rd day.  There are known carriers in the family and mom
is to be tested tomorrow.  They had her discard all the milk she had pumped-
sad, but true.  Now they are asking about washing the breast before pumping
and if so, what to use.  I did suggest she sterilize her pump parts every
pumping now and she is going to use the sterilization microwave bags.  Does
anyone have a policy for this?  I know the baby could have contracted the
MRSA from other places than her breastmilk but the breastmilk is now what
they are focusing on and I don't have any good evidence based materials to
share.  Any suggestions as to where I can quickly find the good ones?
Thanks
Denise Stuart, RN, BSN, IBCLC