From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:47:27 EST
Judy, you write,  "she experiences an extreme sensitivity to cold accompanied
by chills."   When I read posts like this, I think of overall imbalance, as
it seems Mother Nature doesn't intend for breastfeeding to be fraught with
problems.  If available to her, financially and within area she lives, she might
try seeing a homeopath.  In Miranda Castro's book, Homeopathy for Pregnancy,
Birth and Baby's First Year, she describes the remedy, Sepia, as appropriate for
"chilly types..extremely sensitive to cold."

Perhaps, there are others on this list who have more expertise with
homeopathy or even herbals, who can address this mom's concerns.  Homeopathy addresses
the whole person, not just symptoms, and when used correctly, has no side
effects for mom or baby.  If the remedy chosen is not the correct one for that
person, it will not have an effect and another remedy should be tried.

I wonder, too, if moms who experience symptoms of chilliness, headache with
MER, and such, also have some nutritional imbalance that could be addressed.  I
feel it's important to investigate the underlying cause of symptoms, rather
than merely treating symptoms.  Hope this is helpful in some way.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC