From:
Winnie Mading <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:41:16 -0600
It seems appropriateness of "vanity" plates is up to the discretion of
whoever looks at the application.  I wonder if 2 different people looked at
the 2 slightly different application forms.  Some years ago my daughter (who
is involved with Renaissance Fairs) wanted to get the plate "RENNIE" but it
was already taken so she asked for "FAIRE" (the way "fair" is spelled in the
rennie world) but it was denied as being "inappropriate".  Apparently the
person thought it was a gay reference (fairy).  She decided not to pursue
it, although I would think you could at least ask for an explanation of why
it was considered "inappropriate".   The nature of the answer would give you
an idea whether or not to go further.

I have seen several plates referring to our work.  I think it is/was Pam
Hirsch that had LACT 8 on hers.  I have IBCLC on mine-I quickly requested it
when there were 3 of us who took the exam the first year.  I heard by the
grapevine that there had been other requests later, so I was glad I acted
quickly!  Every once in a while I can tell that the person behind me at a
stop sign or light is trying to figure out how to pronounce it.  I have had
lots of folks ask me what it means and it gives me a chance to put in a plug
for breastfeeding.  You might try BRST-BST (for breast is best).  I think
most allow for 7 letters and 1 hyphen as the maximum spaces.  How about
BRSTFED?

I'm curious-what do others have as breastfeeding/lactation related plates?

Winnie