Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:13:42 -0800
7bit
From:
Sheila Dukas-Janakos <[log in to unmask]>
Angela,

I had a similar thing happened to me 9 years ago in CA.  I fought with
the DMV for months.  My plate was to read BRSTFD (with a little hand
print next to the letters).  I was told that it was obscene and what
would happen if a child were to read it.  Of course you can imagine my
response.  I had done an internship 5 years before with a local
Assemblywoman who was an advocate for moms and babies. I contacted her
and she came to my rescue. She was able to get the DMV to issue a letter
of apology, even the head of the DMV called me personally and I got my
plates free for a few years.  This process took 2 years, but we won.  If
I were you I would fight!!!  Contact your Assembly person, Senator whom
ever and find out who is an advocate for Breastfeeding.  I would also
contact the media.  My story made the news and the Assembly person was
so happy to have the positive PR.

Good Luck and don't give up.

Sheila Dukas-Janakos, MPH, IBCLC
CEO, Co-Founder