Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Jacqui Gruttadauria." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:34:29 EST
In a message dated 12/30/2004 11:22:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Any other thoughts on this??  I feel like I am guessing because there  are
some variables that cross over into several catergories (allergy/sensitivity
mother's diet, her lack of fat/calories, fore/hind milk, MER etc.)

Thanks in advance,
Christie Pillado, CLC
El Paso, TX
oh, i am going to read responses to this post avidly as i am experiencing
almost identical issues w/  my new one. he's done it since about 3-4 wks minus
the green stool. somedays i change his clothing as much as 7-8x's. he used to
spit up all night as well and we would wake up soaked. he sleeps through the
night since my milk came in, is not overly fussy and has only nursed every 3-4
hrs since birth and still sleeps about 12 hrs thru the night and about 6-7 more
during the day. since i am still bfing his 2 older brothers, i've been
assuming the milk is just very rich (my breasts think they are nourishing triplets, i
am sure). he was born at 6 lbs 11 oz, at 1 mo check was over 10 lbs, at 2 mos
was over 13 lbs. so he is gaining over 3 lbs a month and i can see the milk
is more like pudding....when a drop is on his cheek, it simply does not roll
off  - in defiance of gravity. it sticks like pudding.
my mw told me at 1st she wanted him nursing more, she was concerned he slept
too much and didn't nurse often enough,  but i knew it was b/c the milk is so
fat and didn't worry.
i am now starting an elimination diet, however, as the spitting up is getting
more frequent and more copious. since eliminating wheat and dairy almost 2
wks ago, he now has completely dry nights, no more spitting up at night at all.
it's reduced during the day as well. the spit up is usually watery and thin
like foremilk coming up 1st while he retains the fatter stuff. if i accidentally
put a lot of pressure on his belly, curds come up as well. he was 3 wks
early, not sure if that could be a factor.  anyway, don't know if i helped any - as
long as he is thriving and not fussy and sleeping through the night, i regard
this as a laundry issue and not a health one.
can't wait to see any other reponses you get!
~jacqui gruttadauria, bsw & soggy mom