From:
Rachel Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:13:49 -0500
I've been searching the archives, with great success, but I'm looking for
additional resources for a friend whose baby has been diagnosed (at 8
months) with GERD.

The baby (now 13 months) is still very uncomfortable and mom was told to
night-wean by her pediatrician, which led to mastitis for mom and no
positive results for baby. Baby is on Prilosec currently (if I remember
correctly) with moderate success. Baby still cannot sleep comfortably and
will sleep sitting up, resting her head on something. Night sleep is worse,
so mom has been cosleeping. Any references for new treatments, diagnosis,
or positioning? Mom lives in the mountains outside of the Denver area.

For positioning help, I read in a previous post that

 "The semi-supine position after feeding, such as when placing the baby in
an infant car seat, exacerbates GER and should be avoided (Rudolph et al.,
2001; Sandritter, 2003)."  Are there alternative positions that would be
recommended? Mom often nurses before seating baby in a carseat for car
rides. Should that be discontinued?