HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lauren Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:29:55 -0500
BTW, the Arents Tobacco Collection, a component of the Special Collections
of the New York Public Library, has a lot of printed and manuscript sources
on tobacco use.  I used it extensively while researching white clay pipe use
in late 19th-century urban contexts.  There is a published catalog, arranged
by date of publication. See the NYPL web page for details:

http://www.nypl.org/research/chss/spe/rbk/arents/tobacco.html

Lauren J. Cook, RPA
Senior Archaeologist
Richard Grubb & Associates, Inc.