Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Janet Jendron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:05:19 -0400
I got a call last night from Twink Lester, a retired LLL Leader from North
Carolina. She got my name off the web site and remembered me. Twink is a
(retired?) family therapist who is writing a book about women an their
experiences. She is traveling around the USA interviewing women. Twink
needs some help with places to stay on her travels and also some good
"real" women to interview.  She's on the road now' I think in North Dakota.
she will be in Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Northern California,
Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, Illinois, Indiana and Vermont, where
she'll settle for a while. She hopes to get interviews in New England
between winter storms and then resume travels in March.  She'll be in
Mexico at some point or another, too.  Whew!

Her book is going to be "women's stories of their lives told in their own
voices." She will keep their stories as close to their own words as
possible, because she thinks that is the most powerful way to get points
across.  She wrote me, "I also think every woman has a story--some are
dreadfully sad, some happy, some easy, some hard, some funny, some
horrific; but all interesting and informative. I think women need to read
about other real live women and gain new choices and hope for their own lives."

If you'd like to help Twink or hear more about her book, you can email her
at [log in to unmask]

Janet Jendron
Columbia SC