Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:38:13 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Barrett B. Echinacea for upper respiratory infection:  an assessment of randomized trials.  Health Notes:  Review of Complementary integrative Medicine 2000;7:211-8.

Barrett BP, Brown RL, Locken K, Maberry R, Bobula JA, D'Alessio D. Treatment of the common cold with unrefined echinacea:  A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.  Ann Int Med 2002 ecember 17:137(12):939-45

Cohen HA, Varsano I, Kahan E, Sarrell EM, Uziel Y, Effectiveness of an herbal perparation containing Echinacea, propolid, and vitamin C in preventing respiratory tract infections in children.  Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004 Mar (vol 148):217-221.

Shon YH, Nam KS. Protective effect of Astragalus radix extract on interleukin 1 beta-induced infammation in human amnion.  Phytother Res.  2003 Nov: 17(9):1026-20.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/content/hot/flu/news/oct12004fluvacc.html

Also, I know my views regarding the flu vaccine are in the minority.  I do not mean to offend anyone with opposing views, but feel strongly the need to discuss the fact that mercury is still contained in the influenza vaccine and should not be advocated for children, pregant women and breastfeeding mothers.  I feel the same way about fish and other causes of mercury exposure.  

Anne Nans, RN, IBCLC

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2