From:
Amy Kotler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:45:18 -0500
Kudos for your letter
I know of this web site
I will write a back up letter - describing the stuff that formula reps do to
"win" over pediatricians- I think I might have already written in the past- but
my memory fails me exactly
I am proud to say that I have no formula paraphenalia in my office- I get
patients who tranfer to me from other practices- one who will remain unamed
supposedly very pro BF- and the growth charts have a formula logo on the bottom
(meaning they were supplied for free by that company) I've seen Ross, Meade
Johnson and Nestle- needless to say- some of these practices also have progress
notes with drug ads at the bottom of the page! Can you imagine you get to the
bottom where you have to write the diagnosis and your treatment and you see an
ad glaring in your face!
I got a call early on when I opened my office- a woman identified herself as
calling from Ross Pediatrics- as I had been applying for jobs previously- and
making all kinds of other phone calls to set up my office- my first thought was
that she was calling from some pediatric group- it took a minute into the
conversation for me to realize that she meant Ross of Similac etc...- I told
her where I stand and funny thing is that she's never come by- same for the
Meade Johnson guy- he stopped by once- said he could get me "a lot of free
things for my office" no thank you- he's never came back!

Amy M. Kotler, MD FAAP
Dover Pediatrics
LLLI Breastfeeding Resource Center
Doctors Park 369 W. Blackwell St