From:
Amy Kotler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:54:12 -0500
I'm sorry but I am a bit perplexed by the posters too- I have no problem w/ any
guilt issue- I don't know if I would call it "offensive" But I find it ODD- you
want to convey to a parent that not breastfeeding is related to more ear
infections, so you make 2 otoscopes look like breasts??? Is everyone going to
get it? Is it supposed to be funny? The ice cream DOES remind me of porno- I
would much rather have a picture of the real thing! In my office which is
heavily hispanic, I ripped off the pics from a calandar I got promoting BF in
that population and it shows pics of mother babies discretely nursing in
public- everyone who sees it smiles and says how beautiful the mothers and
babies look- If you want to impress about ear infections and obesity- show a
FAT kid guzzling a bottle- one of those purple milkshake ones w/ cereal and
baby food added- or a SNOTTY nosed kid w/ a pacifier- even better a nice big
smile of baby bottle rot! you get the point

Amy Kotler MD FAAP