From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:04:17 +0200
I am posting this on behalf of Micheline Beaudry.  Apologies to those of you
who have seen it already.  This community should be a good source of support
for Aamir. -- listmother Rachel in Kristiansand, Norway

Many of you have already heard of, or even signed a petition in support of,
Aamir Raza in his efforts to get permanent resident status in Canada. This
young Pakistani has been in Canada for over four years and has been denied
refugee status even though he has received several threats in his country
because he sided with the health of infants against the marketing practices
used by his former employer, Nestlé Milkpak Ltd. He has not seen his wife
and two children (10 and 6) in over 4 years and was unable to attend the
funerals of both his parents last year.

His story is summarized in a new website at:
http://www.supportaamirraza.org/

This website will also allow us to update you regularly on Aamir's
situation.

We need your help by signing the petition on the website, a petition
addressed to the Honorable minister of Citizenship and Immigration Judy
Sgro, asking her help to resolve his application for permanent resident
status in Canada in order to protect his life and that of his family. You
can also add your own comments to the petition, and/or let us know if you
need any further information, by using the related function on the website
(under 'contact'). For those of you who have already signed a petition
(paper version), we encourage you to reiterate your support by signing this
electronic petition, knowing that we will inform the Minister of this
potential duplication.

The more names we will have, the bigger the show of support for Aamir's
cause. So would you please circulate this in your own networks. Time is
short so we are trying to move this as quickly as possible. The website is
also fully functional in french at the same URL.

Thank you very much for supporting the very courageous actions of this young
man in the defense of children worldwide, and please forgive the rather
impersonal nature of this message. We know you will understand.

for 'The committee for the support of Aamir'

Micheline Beaudry, Ph.D., professor of public nutrition Université Laval,
Québec

Monik St-Pierre, Dt.P., M.Sc.
Nutritionniste en santé publique, Québec