From:
Kathy & Paul Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:12:50 -0400
Good morning!

Since it is summer (for most of us) and a lot of people are going away or
taking a Lactnet break, I wanted to remind everyone of how to manage their
own Lactnet subscription.  We've been getting lots of requests for help so
thought this might be a good time for a general reminder.

These instructions are also on the bottom of *every* post from the list.

The web-based management is not clearly worded and many people end up
unsubscribing in stead of going nomail. I don't think it is possible to set
yourself to nomail from the webpage.  The list owners can do it but I think
subscribers only have an option to leave the list.  I recommend using email
to manage your subscription.

All commands are sent to [log in to unmask]

All commands go in the body of a blank email.

To go nomail:  set lactnet nomail

To restart receiving posts:  set lactnet mail (for individual posts) *or*
set lactnet digest (for digest form)

Those commands also work if you simply want to change how you receive
Lactnet mail.

To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

To change your email address, unsubscribe from the old address *before*
losing access to it.  Then subscribe (subscribe lactnet firstname lastname)
from the new address.

The address [log in to unmask] is to be used only to
contact all the list owners at once.  Many people send posts to that list
and only Kathleen, Rachel, Melissa, Karen and I will see them.

Questions?  Use the address above or contact me directly at

Kathy