Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:30:46 +1000
7bit
From:
Karen Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Jeanette comments:
"This meant that we had to keep in mind that the mom WE saw was not the mom
the previous LC saw - things have changed, even in 24 hours - and we would
NOT EVER speak badly of the previous LCs decision on the breastfeeding care
plan.  We also would continue the plan the first LC had developed unless we
saw some serious problem with it.  In that case, we would just say, "you
know, that seems to have worked as much as it could for you" or "things seem
to have changed now" or something else that would clarify the need for a
transition without implying that the previous LC had done something "wrong"
(which was mostly the case anyway).
Then if there was something we REALLY disagreed with, it would be addressed
Privately......"

Thank you Jeanette
Jeanette you are so right in what you say and I cannot recall (thankfully) a
time where an LC has spoken badly about another LC to a client.
My question on staffing was more because firstly, no one "owes" the centre
as a different team has the centre each day.
Secondly if you have worked 110% with someone for a day, 'mopped up the
tears' and helped then work through their crisis, isn't it all part of job
satisfaction to follow this client up personally and to hear for yourself
what has worked and what hasn't. This is important for professional
development as well. Also *I* know what I have said to someone so I am in a
position to clarify things if she has misinterpreted anything. And it saves
asking the same questions over again. If staff are not working there
regularly then they are denied this, unless they chose to follow up clients
in their own time.
What I wanted to know is: are their any centers that are NOT staffed by
dedicated LCs employed to work *specifically* in that area? I am not aware
of any that is why I am asking.

Interested in what you think
Cheers
Karen Clements