Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Mirine R. Dye" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:41:07 -0400
To any caregiver working with a vegetarian or vegan family, I see benefit to offering educational materials as you would to any other family. In fact I recommend that anyone working in health ed have resources on a wide range of cultures, diets, and pratices.
Everyone can improve their diet, dietary choices, and gain new information, so approaching the topic respectfully will surely not come across as "skeptical" but rather as " informational".

Here are some references I keep in my library for my clients:

Klaper, Michael MD. Pregnancy, Children, and the Vegan Diet. A great reference with meal and menu plans for pregnancy and lactation.

Vegatarian Baby and Child Magazine or Vegetarian Times magazines for menu ideas and nutritional info.

The Physician Committee for Responsible Medicine has a section on pregnancy http://www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/pregnancy.html  also En Espanol

Roberts, Holly. Your Vegetarian Pregnancy : A Month-by-Month Guide to Health and Nutrition

Vegetarian Resource Group www.vrg.org has a good section on pregnancy.

Vegan Society at www.vegansociety.com explains veganism in both the lifestyle and dietary aspects.

All of these resources support, encourage and have good information on breastfeeding.
As my midwife said to me at my last birth "who said vegans can't grow big babies!?" ( mine were 8#2 oz and 8#12 oz)