From:
Kirsten Berggren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:40:00 -0400
Greetings all - I just wanted to let you know that I have recently taken on
the role of 'community leader' (cl) for the parentsplace message
board "working and pumping".  If any of you are working with moms who are
going back to work or are already regularly pumping, this is another
resource you could direct them towards.  I try to use the information
gleaned from reading Lactnet and other breastfeeding resources to keep
misinformation from spreading on the board. I don't have time to read every
post, but I do what I can to keep the information accurate and help moms
meet their supply needs with a maximal amount of breastfeeding and baby-
contact. I think it's a big plus for working moms committed to
breastfeeding to find community and support and realize they're not alone
in their committment to provide 100% human milk to their babies even if
they have to work. The board has little rewards (gold, silver, bronze etc.
ribbons) for making it to certain milestones, and the women who post there
are genuinely interested in helping others succeed.  The web link is
<http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppworkpump>.  ivillage and
parentsplace are commercial, and there are pop-up ads, but I have not seen
any on this board for formula, which is good.  I have no financial stake in
this at all, it's strictly volunteer, but I found the message board to be
quite helpful when I was pumping for my first.  No disparaging remarks
about working mothers please - just wanted to get the information out that
this resource is available.  Breastfeeding.com also has a good message
board on "Breastfeeding and Working Outside the Home".
I also have the email [log in to unmask] that I use for answering
working/pumping questions - feel free to give that out as well (everything
is free).

Cheers,
Kirsten Berggren, PhD and aspiring LC.