Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Susan E. Burger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:19:10 -0400
I have to laugh at Nancy's characterization of the book as being very New
York.  Since that's the population I work with, they'll probably love the
book!

I have to say that I find most women incredibly dedicated, baby nurses an
all.  What's more amazing to me is that some of the most whiney women - the
ones that call me almost day for weeks or months on end about every little
upset --- every time the baby spits up, every time they have a difficult
latch, every time the baby doesn't gain quite as much as the previous week
or the opposite, every single time the output from pumping is slightly
lower than the previous pumping  ---  actually usually end up breastfeeding
for a very long time.  I have my exasperated moments when I'm tempted to
say "Well if you find it so tough, why don't you just give up!"  But I bite
my tongue, keep on responding, and they keep right on breastfeeding
verbalizing their complaints the whole way through. We all have to cope
with cultural differences and, in New York, verbally expressing your
distress is one variant.

Best regards, Susan Burger