From:
Phyllis Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:00:10 -0700
Now that it's beginning, I wanted to find where I could get promotion
materials, posters, statements & info so I could make up a bulletin board
with supporting info following the PSAs as they rotate topics during the
coming 3 years. Everything that is available is on the DHHS web site.

In stark contrast, the Ad Council site, had nothing related to this
emerging Breastfeeding Promotion Campaign. I did find one thing related to
BFing on the Ad Council's Calendar designed to assist the media in planning
promotions. It was info related to the services and benefits of WIC,
written to be used during World Breastfeeding Week.

So I guess what they said on 20/20 is true: the Ad Council is so frustrated
about the changes forced upon them by the formula companies and the
higher-up muckey-mucks at DHHS, that they are pulling out of the Campaign.
I'm referring in part to that woman who said she met with the formula
companies, but never met with BF advocacy groups because they never asked
to see her. And she rejected some of the research because it was not
approved / verified by the scientists in the DHHS! Like they are smarter
and know more than all the peer-reviewed medical journals in the US or the
world!

Anyway - back to my original question: is there any way to get posters or
stills from the PSAs, "officially approved by DHHS" materials that follow
the campaign, so those of us in hospitals can keep it alive within our own
walls?

Thanks.
Phyllis

--- Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
--- Glendale, AZ, USA
--- Scanned by Norton AntiVirus with auto-updates