From:
"Mirine R. Dye" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:56:51 -0400
 > This subject line keeps appearing, but it is inaccurate.  The baby was
>mainly getting breastmilk.  Last time I checked, breasts were not plants and
>milk was not a vegetable product.

As a vegan mother with vegan kids I have to respectfully disagree. I have heard this before and Vegan is simply not the omission of animal foods, but the avoidance of using animal products by means of exploitation, or using the product for other than it was intended.

Breastmilk is/was being used appropriately (as it isintended), and therefore the baby is vegan if not being given other animal foods, milks meant for other species, or using animals inappropriately ( such as leather, wool, etc.)

I believe if there has been any inaccuracy with the story, it has been focus on the lifestyle and food choice instead of the obvious problem of the father's combative behavior with officials. The vegan element simply allows for a sensational approach to a dysfunctional situation.