Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:19:19 -0400
From:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
<< She is about 5'2" and about a size 2 before
> being pregnant. She is wondering if she is too short to use a sling. Any
> advice, online or private email would be appreciated.>>

I found the pouches to be tough for me - i'm 5 ft.  to get a size that
was 'short' enough to get the baby to nipple level.    i used many many
slings but my favorite was the maya wrap sling - my personal preference
is for a large so i have a long tail for covering the baby, back carries
etc.  the only difference in the sizes is the length of the peice of
fabric.   it's not the easiest sling to use (the otsbh is in my
experience) but with some hands on demo's, the great video or dvd that's
enclosed and some persistence, it absolutely can be done.  pays off in
spades.

i could get through the airport quite gracefully with the stroller, full
sized carseat, carryon (all on the stroller) while carrying and nursing
the baby.    i'd swing her round to my back to fold up the stroller and
leave it planeside, bring the carryon and carseat on the plane, install
the carseat (with baby still on my back - unless someone offered to hold
her), then settle us both in.     later, i was doing it with a nb and a
2.5 yr old.

if i had another, i'd get more adept with just the long swaths of fabric
(5 ft):
http://mamatoto.org/PortalVBVS/HowTo/BackCrossWrap/

http://www.mamakangaroo.com/fabwrap.htm

:)