From:
Jo-Anne Elder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:54:28 -0300

>Well, I really do have a purple sling for my  grandbaby when she/he comes
>(and a poem that goes with it) ....but perhaps a  teeny weeny one for my jaw
>wouldn't be a bad thing....(no poem for that one, but  perhaps I could figure out
>something a la Ogden Nash....)

Well, I thought this rhyme, that my father taught us all when we were
teeny tiny, was Ogden Nash or Dorothy Parker, but it turns out it was

> Gelett Burgess (1866-1951)

Were you thinking of the same one?

> I never saw a purple cow
> I hope I never see one,
> But I can tell you this right now:
> I'd rather see than be one.

So... here's an attempt:

I happen to have a purple sling
I'll wear my grandbaby in it
But right now I use it for another thing:
It holds up my jaw for a minute...

You see, my jaw keeps dropping low
And I feel I need to say something
It's hard to keep silent about what I know
So I want duct tape to go with my sling

I never went to a breastfeeding class
That made it look so hard to do it
But I can tell you, I'll raise a glass