From:
Teresa Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:45:05 -0400
I remember once reading an article quoting a doctor who was "pooh-poohing"
the supposed benefits of breastfeeding, and the doctor said something like
"if you just walked up to someone with a baby on the street, you wouldn't be
able to tell if the baby was breastfed or bottlefed" to show how minimal the
difference was. (Frankly, I thought that was a pretty stupid statement - you
probably couldn't tell if someone had cancer or not just by looking at them
but that doesn't mean it isn't significant!).

My reaction, though, was "of course you can!" To me the biggest give-away is
not just the look and feel but the smell. Breastfed babies smell quite
different from bottlefed babies - even when both are freshly bathed and have
clean diapers.

Teresa Pitman
Guelph, Ontario