From:
Victoria Nesterova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:17:12 +0300
Dear friends,

Mother permitted me to ask. She contacted me by phone. Her little girl is
approaching 5 months. Baby doesn't want to nurse when she is awake last 2
months. She
nurses only at the night and when mom has rocked her to sleep at the day. I
suspected OAMER; mom said that the flow is really strong. However, no
position changes that I suggested worked for them. Baby nurses only when
lying near her mother, on her back with head turned to the side. Is this
just compensation for strong MER invented by the baby? Weight gain is great.
She gained 800-900g per month, and even gained 500 g for last 2 weeks. The
mother is really exhausted - she has to wait constantly for baby to fall
asleep and relax. Baby doesn't accept bottles, mom gives her some EBM by
spoon. Mom said that she tried babymoon but baby still is not interested in
nursing.

Is this nursing position a sign for some overlooked problem?

Sincerely yours,

Victoria Nesterova, breastfeeding supporter, mom to 3

Kiev, Ukraine