From:
Jo-Anne Elder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:46:20 -0400

>The "ex's" post frequently and say things that make me
>think, 'wow, that's cool.  I'd never have had the guts to say that!'
>The "in's" speak up periodically, like me.  You don't read our names
>every week, only occasionally.

I was preparing a long post supporting your thoughts on various stress
levels, when I realized I had been posting too much today.  Guess that
gives you a clue about what I am, Marsha -- :-) but in fact I am only
very slightly E.
Let me also say that there are Extroverts who very much admire, care for
and want to take care of Introverts both off and on Lactnet. Several
family members and friends of mine (including my dh and my closest
friend) are Intensely Intelligent and Introspective Is, and I worry
about their voices being overwhelmed by others. So a special thank you
to all Is who post here!
Just for fun, you can go to a Myers-Briggs type test at
www.humanmetrics.com to find out what you are -- but let's keep this
from going off-topic. I think that one's inner life *can* affect all
physical functions, but we can't always know which things will affect
which functions in an individual person. Some "types" and some
individuals are going to feel more inhibited than others in certain
circumstances, some are going to be more affected by emotional events,
past experiences, perceptions of others, a sense of failure, physiology,
etc. than others. It would be difficult to isolate the effects of each
one on breastfeeding, but not acknowledging the potential impact of a
wide variety of factors on MER would, in my opinion, be a mistake.
Jo-Anne