From:
Ruth Piatak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 06:59:48 -0500
Kathy Leeper wrote:

I, too, wrote a letter to the ombudsman and got a pat on the head.  He said
he could not give me any more information than was in the press release.

I replied that I would like to know who CAN tell me.

I would think thousands of thoughtful emails might result in some sort of
meaningful answer.

Rumble, Warren F [[log in to unmask]]

Kathy Leeper, MD, IBCLC

THANKS, Kathy, for prodding us!  I thought an ombudsman is supposed to
promote communication between parties, but this one is dampening it.  This
is standard customer relations, such as a hotel chain once practiced on me,
where listening to the initial vehemence of someone's complaint is
considered all that is necessary.  It often is, when the complaint is about
something that drove you crazy one night, but has no long-term implications
for you.  Domperidone is a very different issue.  I love your reply -- let
us know how he replies to a request for connection!

You're right -- the follow-up is up to us.  I urge all to use the power of
the "courtesy copy".  Make sure Tommy Thompson and your legislators (via a
site such as http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/ , since snail mail to
legislators takes forever to get through security, as I understand, since
the anthrax incident) are informed about what kind of service we are seeking
from this government employee.

Ruth Piatak, B.A., M.S., LLLL