From:
Phyllis Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:42:09 -0700
I have a personal preference for the ones without the cloth backing,
maternimates. I do not advise washing the nipples, but perhaps a little
clear water to rinse the hydrogel if necessary when mom is at home. Normal
saline would be best in the hospital. Hollister has bought that line of
pads and down-sized them by 1/2" diameter. When they were 4" it was common
to cut them in 1/4s. That was enough to cover the sore nipple and made them
last 4x as long. Could still do it at 3.5" but not as practical. Good
marketing move by Hollister but bad economy for mom. But the feel so good
on sore nips....
Phyllis

> One brand says to rinse breasts before and after nursing....does anyone
> really do this??
> Thanks-
> Kathy Leeper, MD, IBCLC

--- Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
--- Glendale, AZ, USA
--- Scanned by Norton AntiVirus with auto-updates