Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:29:38 -0500
Here's another interesting example of the "control" that formula companies
can have. I work in the newborn nursery. Recently several of our local
pediatricians went to a conference sponsored by Enfamil. After they returned
the peds called the nursery to state that from now on all of their patients
would be on Lipil (unless mom is on WIC which only uses Similac). Similac is
the norm for formula fed babies in our nursery. I have not had the
opportunity to question these peds in person because I work Evening shift
(3p-11p) and don't see many of them, but I have heard through the grapevine
at work that apparently Enfamil told them that it was medical malpractice to
make all of their babies take Similac because Lipil has more DHA and ARA
than Sim. I can't believe that they would fall for that so easily. I'd love
to know how Enfamil brainwashed them.