Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:31:50 -0600
>     Wouldn't it be faster to have the baby prick-tested for
> allergies instead of putting mother on some very detailed and
> difficult dietary regimen? That way, the mother wouldn't be
> trying to figure out what baby was sensitive to.

In our area prick tests only test for IgE mediated allergies and don't seem
to be particularly sensitive at doing that.  While one of those things not
always excepted in the 'traditional western medicine' world it seems that
many have found IgG and/or IgA mediated reactions as well as various
intolerances to lectins, salicylate, artificial preservatives and dyes, etc
are the cause of the problem.  I have seen some testing for some IgG and IgA
reactions, but it seems to often be out of pocket and could pose a financial
burden for the families involved.

Personally I much prefer the testing option when available, but have had to
weed out other reactions without it.

Jessica Mattingly M.Ed., CCE, CBE, LLLL
Kansas City, MO