From:
"Julia R. Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:55:07 -0600
At 05:06 PM 11/14/2003 -0500, you wrote:
  Kathleen Fallon Pasakarnis <[log in to unmask]> posted:

>Although I found the "Caveman" allergy elimination diet mentioned in the
>archives, I could not find the complete diet in my Lactnet search.
>However, I did
>find it online. As it has been requested before, I have copied it below in
>case others need it in the future.

[snip]

>Eat only range-fed turkey and lamb, ...
>At the end of two weeks, or sooner if the colic subsides, gradually add other
>foods to your diet, one every four days, starting with those less commonly
>allergenic (such as sunflower seeds, carrots, beets, salmon, oats, grapes,
>avocado, peaches). Wait a while before you add wheat, beef, eggs, nuts,
>and corn.
>Avoid for the longest time dairy products, soy products, peanuts, shellfish,
>coffee, tea, colas and other beverages containing caffeine, chocolate,
>gas-producing vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onions, green
>peppers),
>tomatoes, and citrus fruits. Vegetables and fruits are often tolerated in
>cooked
>form sooner than in raw form.

For the sake of discussion, can this diet be altered to meet the needs of
women who do not eat meat? For women who include fish but not meat in their
diets, could some sort of fish be substituted for the lamb and turkey?

regards,
Julia

Julia R. Barrett
Freelance Science Writer