From:
Jeanne Schrank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:29:15 -0600
As I understand it, low milk supply can come about from 1) poor milk
removal by baby  2) infrequent nursing or 3) hormonal or other health
problems of the mom.

As someone who has always had more than enough milk  (even at 40), I
always find it sort of hard to believe that someone would not be making
enough milk .  My family doctor had her first baby last year and she is
younger than me (early 30's and healthy) and despite excellent help, she
needed medication to get her supply up and was not able to keep it up
once she went back to work at 3 mos.  Why would someone like this have a
problem?  Do human babies adapt to alternate foods because some moms
just don't make enough milk?

Jeanne Schrank
LLLLeader in WI, USA