From:
Karen Gromada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:38:24 EST
In a message dated 1/30/04 8:09:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
DEAR R.B.: We expected to hear from the Militant Mommy Brigade, and we
weren't disappointed. Let's get a few things straight. No one is debating
the importance of breast-feeding or the occasional need to do it in a public
place. We are all in favor of that. The problem is displaying one's breasts
while doing so.

Did the original letter writer describe how much the BF mother exposed? Women
have been "reported" to store, restuarant, museum, etc. managers when they
weren't actually exposing anything -- when they were BF discreetly and several
even had a blanket or diaper draped to avoid exposure. For some it's enough to
just know what the mother is doing, which I know is absurd anyway when what
we're talking about is a baby getting a meal... What a strange culture we live
in when young women emulating celebrities are baring boobs, abs down to their
shaved off pubic hair, etc. in the middle of a very cold winter and no one even
complains that they might get frostbite.

KKG