From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 08:12:49 -0500
It does depend on how the facts are presented,  however, from all I
have heard about the ad campaign, they were careful not to use scare
tactics, but to present facts in humorous, attention getting, but not
scary ways.
Sometimes the facts are scary - smoking causes nasty cancers and other
life shortening diseases is a scary fact, but we all need to know it,
even smokers.
   Naomi
On Wednesday, Dec 31, 2003, at 18:08 US/Eastern, Automatic digest
processor wrote:

> So, when did facts=scare tactics?
>
> Semantics are everything aren't they?
>
> The formula companies wouldn't dare say, "we don't want mothers to have
> the facts", but it's okay to say "we don't want to use scare tactics".
> But the fact is, we are dealing with the same information, aren't we?
> Because the truth doesn't change.
>
> Andrea Tran RN, IBCLC

Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.

Researcher, Writer, Educator