From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:46:46 -0400
Don Satz shares:

>Not having had a great day, I'd like to further complain about the tape
>at the top of CD jewel cases.  ['twas once] more user-friendly with a
>clearly seen long edge that was simple to remove.  Now, the long
>edge is gone, replaced by a short and cheap substitute.  Most times
>when I pull it, just a small fraction of the total tape is gone...

Speaking of the tops of CD cases, let me jump in with my whine on
backward 'advancements' by asking just who decided to produce them
_without_ the coin-like serrations along their top (and bottom) end(s)?
Originally, those very sensibly let one use a fingernail to ease the
case from the shelf -- especially needed when they CDs are packed tight
against their neighbours.  Without those little bumps, one's left to
grope and pinch at the smooth plastic with one's fat fingertips, in
annoying attempts to pull the CDs out of the shelves.

Alas, I think Deryk took the cake in the 'woe is me' department.  How
ARE future generations to recycle all those mustard-yellow mountains
of National Geographics?

BB