From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:22:59 +0000
Don Satz wrote:

>Not having had a great day, I'd like to further complain about the
>tape at the top of CD jewel cases. Not that many years ago, the tape
>was more user-friendly with a clearly seen long edge that was simple
>to remove. Now, the long edge is gone, replaced by a short and cheap
>substitute. Most times when I pull it, just a small fraction of the
>total tape is gone. ...

I learned this at my local rock/pop/techno/dance/metal CD store from a
girl dressed in black and I hope I can explain it.  Open slightly the
bottom half of the case, then separate the connection at the hinge of
the disc.  Both halves will be separate, connected by the tape.  Taking
one of the halves of the case, slowly peel the tape from the other half.
When this is done, all you have to do is peel the tape from the first
half.  I can usually do it so that the tape is not ripped.

Ron