Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Karen Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 20:23:42 +1100
happy new year all!
Coming out of lurkdom to ask a little question....

I am wanting to do a 'survey' on domperidone dosage for insufficient
lactation.
Our pharmacist was concerned (which I fully understand) about the dose of
30mg TDS for my client today, as her 'guide' recommended 10mg TDS. I
directed her to Jack's domperidone handout and she was happy to dispense on
that basis, however she would like some more info, especially as it is
becoming more common to use domperidone. She intends discussing it at the
next pharmacy department meeting.

I searched the archives and there seems to be a variation in the doses
people are using, so I thought I would ask you all what you are doing out
there!

The last 2 clients I had use domperidone only took 10mg TDS, because that is
what the GPs gave them and they both felt it was sufficient.
However, I would say that it depends on how low their supply is and what the
indication was (i.e.. induced lactation vs. supporting an insufficient
lactation).

So I was just wondering:
what dose is common?
do any of you start on the low dose and increase according to response? Or
offer different doses depending on the severity of lactation failure?
have you had opposition from pharmacists dispensing the high dose? (or even
getting someone to prescribe the high dose?)

Curious...
thank you for your ideas
(please email me privately if responding after 9/1 as I will be nomail for a
few weeks after that)

Karen Clements
RM IBCLC Melb Aust