From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:01:44 EST
HI Doris,
This is in the archives with other suggestions but one of my presentations to
an OB group I brought a bag of walnuts in the shell.  I passed each OB a
walnut and then asked them what they thought these represented related to
breastfeeding.  The responses are funny and peaks their interest.  I let them know the
walnut was the average size of a newborn's stomach.  The content of the talk
can vary on what you want to cover that day.  Do you want them to address
encouraging women to breastfeed starting during their prenatal visits; nursing in L
&D; follow up in the hospital and their offices?
If this is your first talk with this group I would not look at too specific
of a topic like mastitis but over all general breastfeeding information, why it
is important and giving support.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.
Ann Perry RN, IBCLC
Boston, MA