From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:11:57 EST
In a message dated 11/18/03 11:53:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
I think I
then promptly dropped myself from her good graces by stating emphatically
that there are no cons to breastfeeding!  I could just see her bristle and
start to tune me out, and realized I probably spoke a little too strongly.
Dear Friends:
    Jennifer, I am glad that you said that right from your heart! She may
bristle at first, but I bet you dollars to donuts that she will keep thinking
about what you said because you said it with such passion. Folks don't get
passion much anymore.
    You would have reacted strongly if she had said she wasn't going to us a
carseat. Why not react that way about such a poor healthcare choice? You are a
physician, for god's sake. If you can't speak truth about health to your
patients, then what good will you do for yourself or your patients? I wish more
doctors would be as honest.
    You didn't say anything negative about HER. You said that there are no
cons to BF! Good for you.
    Maybe next time you see her, you can ask about her first baby and how
feeding went, and your genuine interest will move this dialogue along.
    warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI, CCE, craniosacral therapy
Adjunct faculty, Union Institute and University, Maternal and Child Health:
Lactation Consulting
Supporting the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative