From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:58:14 +1000
Pat,
Why doesn't she breastfeed him?
I've recently been talking with a mum whose child was placed at 6 months,
had a go at breastfeeding, didn't get there, child wasn't interested.
However, the mum didn't let go of the idea and just the other day decided
that she'd have another go. Babe is now 15 months and has just started
breastfeeding with a Lactaid. Given that she has plenty of milk tandem
breastfeeding might work very well. It might seem strange to the mum (or
others) to be starting breastfeeding with such an 'old' child but if she has
Internet access there are a number of adoptive breastfeeding support groups
where she might gain support from others who have started with older babies.
Karleen Gribble
Australia

> Darillyn, I have a client who adopted a baby who is now 14 months old.
She
> has a new baby which is why I am working with her.  Her 14-month old
little
> boy is dairy allergic and they have started him on goat's milk.
  She never did nurse him.  But I will propose that she give him some