From:
Nancy Holtzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:22:34 -0400
Hi all,
I have helped to start-up a new business for expectant and new moms in the
Metro-Boston MA area. We offer just about every prenatal and mother/baby
group, class or program you could ask for, and we have a free
IBCLC-faciliated Drop-In BF group, and sell carefully selected retail
products (including breastpumps and other lactation support products).  As
we take on more and more childbirth education programs, we find many
clients calling back right after delivery needing more breastfeeding
support than our drop-in groups can offer.

I am now working to set up a formal lactation consulting practice,
hopefully to start within a month's time. I'd appreciate learning how many
of you in a clinic or center manage a record of the visit, assessment, and
a plan of care both to keep on file, and send home a copy with the
client.  Ideally I'd love to find or purchase some standardized careplans
on the computer where we could just check off boxes and add appropriate
extra information, and it would print out a copy of our recommendations and
instructions. Do any of you have something like that, excellent quality,
research based information?  I am aware of the care plans from BSSC.org,
but that is not quite what I'm looking for.

If you might have anything like standardized care plans and/or protocols
(sore nipples, thrush, increasing milk supply, slow weight gain, etc),
sample reports, and/or, a copy of your consent/release/waiver form, I'd be
really interested in taking a look, especially if you can send by attachment.

Thank you very much!  Those of you in the greater Boston area, I hope you
can come to our Open House weekend, Oct 25 and 26. Info on website.
www.isismaternity.com

NancyH
Nancy Holtzman RN BSN IBCLC
You might remember me as "Great Beginnings New Mothers Groups"

Nancy Holtzman RN BSN IBCLC
Director of Postpartum Programs
Isis Maternity
Two Brookline Place