Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:36:05 EST
My dd, an RN, works at a large hospital in Chicago (which shall remain
nameless).  She told me today that because of the incredible volume of requests for
scheduled inductions (by the mothers), that they are now offering inductions
around the clock.  Her friend was told that if she wanted an induction this
week, they could schedule it on Friday night (rather, Saturday morning) at 1:30
am.

Women are taking them up on it.....

All I can think of is the horrendous cascade of events that then occurs.

On a brighter note, I actually had two mothers this week that CHOSE to not
have an epidural!!!  Two in one week was absolutely amazing.  I think the last
time I had a mom that chose to not have an epidural was probably two months ago.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, RLC
Wheaton, Illinois
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com