From:
Linda Madsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:26:23 -0800
I am glad to see the German government is taking
action to investigate further the deaths & irreparable
damage done to the infants who were fed the formula.
The news now coming out that the company was well
aware that essential nutrients were left out & that
they evaded the testing required for a changed
formulation makes it so much worse. My heart aches &
has been aching for all the families involved in this
situation who had fed this poison to their children in
good faith.  All of us who are involved in this
profession do so in hopes of providing the best start
in life for all children.  I know what our family went
through with a niece who was born with many severe
allergies and a couple of formulas that nearly killed
her.  Her parents also were just doing what they
thought was best & following medical advice not
knowing it was making the situation worse by moving
from formula to formula in hopes of finding one that
wouldn't trigger an allergic response.  Luckily her
mother was able to get back a full supply & she
received breastmilk for several years.  Many years
later when my niece has come so far & is doing so much
better, I still see red when the commercials come on
for the formula advertising "comfort proteins".  I
will continue to keep the families in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Linda Madsen RN, IBCLC
Plano, Texas