Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 21:40:35 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Thank you, Kathy, and others for your helpful suggestions.  Kathy, to answer your questions, yes, yes, yes!  I do have clients sign with their consent for me to communicate with doctors but am going to quickly get on the task of adding a line for THEM to fill out with the doctor's name.   Yes, I use a Baby Weigh scale, except that when I arrived for this consult, the baby was already nursing so I only got the weight after that feeding.  At that point she had lost 7% but looked horrible. Yes, I also use individual care plans and go over it with the moms.  I was dressed "business casual" at this visit, use good forms and a cell for business, have insurance, etc.  Thank you for affirming my efforts!!

This conversation earlier touched on midwifery care.  I have to add that I also think the homebirth babies are well-cared for by midwives in my area.  I tried to have my second child at home and had planned to have #3 at home but recently lost that one.  My issue here was not midwives in general, just this one.  The other client to whom she recently gave the suppositories for the "constipated" baby e-mailed me today and expressed appreciation for my explanations to her of how close her baby was to the "danger zone," what their options were, and how much time they might have to explore them. She also said she knows now her baby was not constipated but needed additional nutrition.  I'm hoping this second client, about whom I posted, will come to a similar conclusion.  If not, that's okay, because now I know in my gut I did what was right.  Thank you all for affirming that.
Gratefully,
Amy

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2