Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:22:14 EDT
I am reading the notes regarding do our kids remember their days at the
breast with great interest and a few (many) tears.
My husband and I just returned home tonight from taking both our kids to
college.  We live in Florida.  One went to North Carolina and the other to New
York.  They were both nursed until somewhere around 4 yrs. old.   Neither have
any memory of bfing.  But they both have numerous memories of being held on my
lap and in my arms, and long walks on the beach, and stories at bedtime.  They
both talk about our "normal" home, and friends that don't get along with their
parents.  My 18 year old son said the other morning at breaskfast, " I need
to take notes about what you and Dad did to raise us right."

So, that's what I hope my kids remember.  That they are loved.  And
breastfeeding was so much a part of how I mothered and we parented.

Sorry to get so "sappy".   But I am a little lonely tonight.
                      Loretta Haycook, RN, IBCLC
                      Neptune Beach, Fl