Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:12:38 EST
A former client requested that I ask around about her wanting to get her hair
straightened with that Japenese Hair Straightening technique and continuing
to breastfeed in the hours immediately following.   I told her that I'm sure
there is no research on it, but that I would post the question to you all.   I
think she should treat it the same as the risks of a perm or hair coloring,
which to my knowledge are not discouraged.   The risks of dying hair while
pregnant are only theoretical, so I'm assuming this would be in the category of
perms or hair coloring while lactating which are not proven to be of concern.

I may have repeated myself--it's late and I'm tired, but can anyone throw in
her two cents here?

Heather Kelly
NYC