Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:03:45 -0800
Darillyn said, " I know Paul and his first wife were
very health conscious, and suspect that he would be in
favor of breastfeeding. "

one would think that would follow, but IME, it doesnt'
always work that way, even in Boulder (Colorado-
people don't usually use Boulder's last name :-)  )
with high bf initiation rates and more alternative
health practitioners that we can possibly utilise.
Yesterday I had a long talk with a man getting is
Doctorate in Acupuncture who was well versed in many
modalities.  I was impressed, but then he told me that
his "wife just dried up at 6 mos postpartum and they
were feeding their toddler a mix of rice milk, goat's
milk and various fortifiers".   To him, it wasn't
surprising that her milk "dried up", and it was
preferable that they feed this homemade mixture rather
than "formula, because you don't know what is in
that".

maybe we even have *more* people doing their own
mixing because they have heard over and over again
that formula has problems, but they don't "get" that
it's the "not breastfeeding".

kate, who lives where Horizon organic formula is
coming from.  *sigh*