Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:34:59 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
In reading some of the posts on s2s and mom/baby separation, I was prompted to ask a question which is relevant to a project I'm in the middle of.  I am hoping to get some information form some of my fellow Lactnuts.  Last year, I wrote a "Bonding Tips" list, which I emailed to over 200 on this list
who requested it.  I also told you that it was accepted for a poster presentation at the International Conference for the nursing honor society this year.  Now, as I'm trying to put things together for said poster, I would love to hear from some who got the list about how they have used it and if it
has made any difference in keeping mothers and babies together in the early days.  I'm still working on staff education here, but hearing about Nils Bergman (whom I will hear later this month) and skin-to-skin issues being discussed on the list got me to wondering about any effects my list might
have for those who are using it and also how they are using it.  (I just wrote it, I'm sure there are some great ideas on how to use it that I haven't thought of!)  We use skin-to-skin here for everything.  I'd like to take credit for educating the staff about it, but I think they became convinced
because the babies proved to them that it is a powerful tool!!!  I still see babies in the nursery too much, though.  We also have the morning rounds, which are usually done in the nursery.  But, we're getting better.  I had the happy experience of having a mom confirm the importance of s2s last
week while I had a couple of interns making rounds with me.  I had told them how this was one of the best "tools" in my lactation kit and the next mother we saw told us spontaneously how wonderful s2s was working for calming her baby and keeping it awake to feed.  An unsolicited testimony!

Marsha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Marsha Glass RN, BSN, IBCLC~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~John S. C. Abbot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2